Friday, May 17, 2013

Lindbergh Bay and Charlotte-Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI

We spent the night in Lindbergh Bay.  At first the internet connection was quite good/consistent but by late afternoon, it was intermittent and then completely void.  URGH!!!  We had so much we wanted to do.  At least I got the update sent yesterday.

This morning I woke about 7am with the intent of continuing the internet work.  Unfortunately, fate had a different idea because I was still unable to connect.  Double URGH!!!

Where the hell is our package with our long range WiFi antenna?  I’m sure it would have made all the difference in the world.  Or, at least I hoped it would!  That’s what it’s meant for … pulling in weak signals!

We tried most of the morning and I was eventually able to connect for a few moments at a time.  I was trying to upload yesterday’s update to the blog.  I would get one date loaded and before I could hit save, it would crash … connection lost!  It was too frustrating for an early morning task!

As the morning progressed, the winds picked up.  It was blowing from the South-SouthEast and causing uncomfortable waves in the bay.  The boat tossed back and forth so violently, a bottle on the counter fell into the sink and broke one of our coffee cups.  Yes, our fault for having ‘glass’ coffee cups but I just can’t bring myself to drink coffee from plastic!  Hate it!!!  Maybe after all these cups are broken, I will have learned my lesson and replaced them with unbreakable ones?

It didn’t take long before we both agreed … we needed to head back to town.  No internet, rolly seas and the decision was an easy one.

We anchored back in our old spot.  After the anchor was set and we’d backed down on it sufficiently to be comfortable it wouldn’t drag, we were within 10-feet of our old anchor point.  Now is that good or what!

We checked on our package this morning and it said it cleared through San Juan, PR  (today).  Hmmm … will it get here and cleared so we can pick it up or not?  It still had an estimated arrival date of today but there’s the million-dollar question … package or no package?  I have my doubts.

We headed back over to the kiosk (Da Lime in Da Coconut) so I could finish up some internet tasks.  I really wanted to get the Blog updated with the latest email sent so that everything is up to date.  I worked and Larry took the walk to the Post Office.  Half an hour later, he returned with no package.  Damn!  They told him it most likely wouldn’t be in until tomorrow (Saturday).  The Post Office was open until noon on Saturdays so guess what our Saturday morning task would be …

Back on Soulmatie for the evening and more work … all these projects have become like a full-time job!  I know it’s because we have so much set-up and stuff to do and we’re still learning.  Hopefully, people will actually read our blog and all this work isn’t in vain!

Where does time go?  1:30am and it is time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment