Sunday, May 19, 2013

Charlotte-Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI

No mail today.  We’re sure of that.  The Post Office is closed.

You know we’ve been working long and hard to get our blog up-to-date.  I haven’t read a lot of blogs in my time but the ones I have read annoy me (just like mine is when I have to re-read through it).  The concept is to put the most current date at the top so you can read the most recent entry first.  You know … what are they doing now?  But what about when you have several days of reading to catch up on … or like with us, we post several days/weeks at once?  You are continually flipping back and forth thru the blog to get to the next day.  To me, it’s frustrating.  So … we’ve decided we are going to publish our updates into book format also.  Much like our 2006 trip (Bahamas Bound and Back Again) where we put everything in chronological order and added photos, we will be doing the same thing with these logs.  Larry has spent the last couple of days inserting the appropriate photos, formatting, etc.  Our plan is as follows:  Year 1 – Boca Raton to California will be the first series of books.  It will be broken down into smaller “books” and we will get them posted as soon as we have compiled enough log entries to justify posting.  Book 1 will be everything to date, thru the USVI.  Book 2 will be the Leeward and Windward islands.  Book 3 will be Venezuela and it’s Out-Islands to the Panama Canal.  Book 4 will be Panama to California.  These are our current thoughts anyways.  It will depend a lot on how quickly we blow past things … or how much we linger to enjoy ourselves as to what will actually make up a ‘book’.

We are trying desperately to get Book 1 ready to update BEFORE we sail away.  Thank you USPS … you are making this possible with your delay in service!

While Larry continued working on ‘tweaking’ Book One of our sailing adventure, I have started working on my second fiction book … follow-up to Betrayal of the Heart.  Way back in 2006, when we were cruising in the Bahamas, I had started a book but never seemed to find time back home to finish it.  It takes a lot of initiative to be in a ‘creative’ mood and after 12 hours of accounting … I just couldn’t motivate myself.  Now that we’re out cruising again, the creative juices are flowing.  I am spending a lot of my day either writing updates to family/friends or FINALLY, working on my work-in-progress from 2006.  Yeah!!!  That is how we spent the day/evening/into the wee morning hours again!  We are tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment