Sunday, March 17, 2013

Little Bay to White Point

Today is 2 weeks since we left Boca Raton to begin our adventure.  It has been a quick trip so far and not a lot of time to just relax and unwind.  There always seems to be something to do.

This morning, we snorkeled Little Bay.  Wow!!! Was it cold!!!  I was only in the water for a very short time before I gave up.  It wasn’t partially the cold but also, there really wasn’t too much to see.  The fish were very few and far between.  Larry snorkeled a little longer and then took me back to the boat.  He went out again … yes Mom … alone!  I watched him from a distance.  Don’t know what I’d do if he had issues because he had the dinghy and I was alone on the boat.  Anyways, he didn’t spend too much time before he was too cold himself and returned to the boat.

After lunch we decided to move onward and headed down Great Guana Cay to White Point.  This trip also was VERY short so we just motored.  We’re going to have to make a bigger leap down-island or we will never get to sail again!

We’ve heard the fishing on the banks side of Great Guana is supposed to be awesome!  We haven’t seen it.  Each time we move locations, we troll two rods behind the boat.  No luck at all yet!  I even fished a little when Larry was snorkeling.  He found me a little cave with a few grunts and a nurse shark in it.  I tried and tried but couldn’t catch anything!  We fished off the boat this evening, just as the sun set.  We used an underwater light to attract the fish.  We had some activity but nothing took our bait!  We want to catch ANYTHING, just so we have better bait to fish with!  It’s a vicious circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment