Friday, April 19, 2013

Bouqueron, Puerto Rico (continued 04/19/2013)

We spent the afternoon, walking the beach and exploring town a little.  We had planned on going back ashore to experience the Friday night activities by an early evening shower seemed to silence the town.  It seemed pretty quiet ashore.  Instead of heading in, we decided to do a couple of chores.

Larry started the generator so we could make water.  We still had about 50 gallons but now that we’re in a little cleaner water, we need to try to get the capacity back up to almost full.  I decided to do a load of laundry while the generator was running.  I’ve only used the machine that very first time when we tested it.  We’ve done laundry ashore a few times but living in bathing suits, doesn’t make for much laundry.  I do have a few of our lightweight shorts and sailing shirts that I would like to get washed.  I started the load about 5:45.  I checked it several times but it seemed to be taking forever to fill.  I had it on “large load” this time … when I tested it, I only used the “small load” setting.  So ….. I didn’t really know how long it should take to fill.  I wasn’t really thinking about the time period, just that it still wasn’t full.  Finally, it sunk in and we realized there was a problem.  Larry went out on deck and checked.  Yep … all that water was simply going overboard.  It was draining water as quickly as it was filling.  DAMN … all that water sent to sea!  I moved the indicator from “large” to “medium” and the machine started through it’s cycles.

As it cycled thru, I checked it repeatedly.  Then, on the RINSE cycle, I noticed there was only a very small stream of water filling the washer.  Oh shit!!!  Larry confirmed my suspicions, our water tanks were completely empty!  All that water that we originally had PLUS, the water we’d been making for the last hour or so … GONE!!! 

We’re not sure what is wrong with it.  Is it simply it does not work on the Large Load setting or is there a bigger problem?  Once we have our water supply back up, I will try again (monitoring it closely this time!)

We continued making water while we played cribbage.  We have about 20-30 gallons so will need to reserve until our supply is back up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment